The basic mission of IFB is to provide core bioinformatics resources and services to the life science community.
IFB aims at strengthening the coordination of platform activities and maximizing their scientific impact. To do this, it is necessary to pool the skills and resources in various domains such as the organization of an IT infrastructure, the implementation of technological projects to develop new services, the training of users, etc.
IFB will support various activities involving the collaboration of several PFs and aimed at:
- The deployment of an academic cloud devoted to the management and analysis of life science data and that will rely on national and regional IT infrastructures,
- The proposal of technological projects that aim at improving or developing new tools and services,
- The improvement of the interoperability and the deployment of existing tools and their interoperability,
- The pooling of training programs and the development of a national program based on e-learning technologies,
- The establishment of networks, workshops and schools to encourage technological and scientific activities and the dissemination of skills and expertise. IFB will support the organization of bioinformatics conferences (such as JOBIM, the French National Bioinformatics Conference).
- Coordinated responses to initiatives that aim to structure the European bioinformatics community (ELIXIR)